(1) surveillance, technology, and socio-legal studies
- Co-Investigator, “Risks, Impacts, and Accountability in the Consumer Spyware Industry”, Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN), $60,728 (AUD), (with Dr Diarmaid Harkin, Deakin University) November 2017 – December 2019.
- Co-Investigator, “Understanding and Responding to the Privacy and Security Risks of Stalkerware”, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC), with Professor Ron Deibert and Dr Christopher Parsons, The Citizen Lab, University of Toronto, $41,610 (CAD), April 2018 – March 2019.
- Research Member, Deakin University Centre for Cybersecurity Research and Innovation, “Australian Cybersecurity CRC”, $139m (AUD), February 2018 – 2025.
(2) policing, security, and digital practices
- Co-Investigator “Education and Counter-Terrorism in Australia and Canada”, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Canada / The University of Waterloo, (with Dr Veronica Kitchen, University of Waterloo), $64,400 (CAD), June 2017 – December 2019.
(3) theories of surveillance and privacy